Saturday, November 23
59 Shadeville Road, Crawfordville, FL 32327
(Next to Bay Leaf Market)
NOTE: Click "Buy Now" to reserve your space in the video. No credit card information is required, nor is there a charge.
JOIN THE EVENT ON FACEBOOK HERE FOR UPDATES.
Come one, come all! Let’s dance!
Palaver Tree Theater Co. in Crawfordville is transforming its entire complex into a film set, and calling together all neighbors, performers, arts organizations, families, and community groups to help stage and star in our first annual Wakulla community arts dance video!
And we need your help, to capture every part of the Wakulla community, and to showcase our local arts on the regional stage!
In the matter of six hours, we will have a light breakfast, learn the dance song, warm up, learn the choreography as a group, costume and makeup, eat a provided lunch and hold a talent show, and then stage and light our dance story through the complex ... all before filming a long-shot dance video that showcases the rich creative class of Wakulla. Out of thin air and onto the big screen in just a few hours! It’ll be a wild ride.
It’s part music video, part flash mob, and all Wakulla!
ALL AGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILL LEVELS are welcome, encouraged, and accommodated, and this event will be particularly fun for FAMILIES... so bring the kids and make a great family day and memory out of it! All who join us will have a role in the video.
And wear a COSTUME! For performance, or any other types of costume or uniform are welcome. Represent your group or yourself. It’s a menagerie. Some costumes and accessories are available through our costuming department, but you do you!
If dancing isn’t for you, we have as many needs for our volunteer crew of stage hands, team leaders, and technical helpers. (Especially fun and educational for youth!)
Click "Buy Now" on this page. It is free and requires no credit card, of course.
It will ask for your name and email, which we need to send event updates. It will also ask for and require fields for address (out of our hands.) But if you don't want to receive our mailed newsletters, just place an "x" in any field you don't want to give.
Join the Facebook group HERE to receive current updates and information!
HELP DEFRAY THE COSTS
DONATIONS to help defray the cost of food and the production, and to assist with the regional online promotion once the video is complete, are gladly accepted! You can use the button below to donate any amount, or donate at check-in by cash, check, or credit card. Thank you!
- Check-in (and light breakfast) ends at 9:45am. To stay on schedule and because there are several steps involved, LATE ENTRANTS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED.
- Any participants UNDER THE AGE OF 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, who will also be required to sign a Minor Child Permission And Photo Release on their behalf. The legal guardian must have valid government ID at check-in.
- All participants must sign a photo release form at check-in.
- If you cannot stay for the entire day, we may have to ask you to be a backup dancer until you have to leave. But please join us! It’s more fun with you here!
- If you are able, please bring an UNWRAPPED TOY TO DONATE to Operation Santa Wakulla, which will be collecting donations at the door. Thank you!
- Because of the volume of participants, we are not able to accommodate special individual dietary needs. If you have such, please bring food or drink for your personal needs.
- Please, NO LOGOS on any apparel that you wear. Copyright infringement would prevent us from being able to feature you.
- Additional snacks for the craft services table are welcome and appreciated! Please, only foods that do not require refrigeration. (i.e., chips, individually wrapped crackers, candies, etc.)
- If you have questions, please email PalaverTreeTheater@Gmail.com.
- To volunteer for a team or for stage crew, please email PalaverTreeTheater@Gmail.com .
- 9:00am: Check-in and breakfast (juices, bagels, coffee)
- 9:45am: Welcome & introductions; Warm up stretches.
- 10:00am: Group choreography
- 11:00am: Provided lunch & participant talent show
- 12:00pm: Scene assignments & blocking
- 12:45pm: Slow walk through
- 1-1:45pm: Let’s do this!
- 1:45pm: Closing ceremony! Preview the video! Thank you gifts, and group high fives.
- 2:15pm: Checkout; all props and costumes returned. (You’re badge and gun, Mahoney. You wrecked three city blocks!!)