SPADES TOURNAMENT: Buckhorn Masonic Lodge #354
Buckhorn Masonic Lodge #354 presents...
DATE: Saturday, February 25, 2023
TIME: Starts at 10am
CASH PRIZES: Cash amount prizes will be announced after the FEBRUARY 18TH DEADLINE.
COST TO PARTICIPATE: $25 per person to enter the tournament
TO REGISTER: 850-524-1316
LOCATION: Palaver Tree Theater / 59 Shadeville Road / Crawfordville, Fl 32327
SPADES TOURNAMENT GAME RULES:
- Teams consist of two players.
- Game goes to 350.
- The highest card flipped over determines first dealer.
- Dealer must offer the player to his / her / their right, the opportunity to cut the cards after they are shuffled and before they are dealt.
- A misdeal can be called for one of the following reasons:
- Player was not dealt exactly 13 cards
- Player does not have any spades and does not have any face cards
- The first hand bids itself
- If a team fails to win at least 4 books on the first hand, they automatically lose the game.
- After the first hand is played, the non-dealing team must bid first.
- The minimum bid per team is 4.
- “Gentleman’s Bid” – Total bids for both teams combined must equal 11 or more. A total bid of 10 or less will require all players to “throw in” their hands to start a new deal. No points are awarded for a “thrown in” hand.
- “Blind”, “Nil” or “Nine” bids are not allowed.
- Table Talk or providing hints to a partner is strictly prohibited.
- A player cannot lead with a spade until spades have been broken.
- The highest card is the Big Joker, then the Little Joker, Deuce of Spades, Ace of Spades, etc.
- The Deuce of Diamonds and the Deuce of Hearts are to be removed from the deck before the game begins.
- Once a card is played, it cannot be picked up. “A Card Laid is A Card Played.”
- 1 book = 10 pts
- Bidding and Winning 10 to 13 books = 200 pts
- Not making the “O” (a bid of 10 books) = Minus 100 pts
- Not reaching a team bid (set) = Minus (number of bidded books) x 10 pts
- Reneging = Subtract 3 books from the total books won. If the number of books remaining is less than the number of books bidded, the team is set and must score accordingly.
- “Bags” are not to be included in the scoring. This is a “No Overs” game.